Tuesday, January 1, 2008

That thing is turned off, isn't it?

It’s your basic cell phone tower with lots of antennas (I know, antennae. But only entomologists say that).

It’s just that it's next to my apartment building.





I mean RIGHT next to my apartment building, about one parking space away.

Is it safe? I think so, after consulting an expert who said the risk of signal radiation is quite low. But he also said,
"The only real hazard I see is from lightning. The tower structure is close enough that if it took a direct strike, I could easily imagine part of the current bridging the gap between the tower and your balcony. And you if you were standing on it at the time... So, if thunderstorms are an issue there, I'm not sure I'd stand on the balcony to admire the light shows, lest you become an intimate part of one."
Not to worry. It doesn't rain much in the desert. I'm sure the zoning board took that into consideration when they approved this.





































































































1 comment:

DF said...

ZONING BOARD, THAT'S A LAUGH.